Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad (PFARS). In addition to being incredibly rewarding, volunteering with PFARS is very demanding. It takes a lot of time and can be emotionally stressful. Please make sure you can meet the commitments involved before you apply.
When considering membership, it is important for an applicant to consider both the operational and administrative aspects of our organization. While our emergency operations are at the heart of our mission, those operations could not exist without significant administrative support. There are ample opportunities for members to take part in the administrative and business activities of our non-profit corporation as well as to hold leadership positions in both administrative and operational capacities.
If you have any questions about the application process or about membership in general, please contact us. We would like to thank you once again for your interest in the Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad and for taking the time to complete our application. We look forward to meeting you soon.
The Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad, Inc.
The application process is as follows:
1. Attend an Information Session at Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad (PFARS). Information Sessions are held at 6:30pm on the third Monday of every month.
2. Complete this application packet, including all sections and reference requests. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
3. Take a CPR class (Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer level) as soon as possible! This step can be completed anytime before the last step of this application process (#7) and is at PFARS’s expense if you have passed the interview step (#4) and take the CPR class at PFARS.
4. Once your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Interviews are held on the second Monday of each month. During your interview, we will discuss why you wish to serve the community by joining PFARS and your understanding of the commitment necessary to be a successful PFARS member. We will also discuss your availability to take the EMT certification course if you are not yet certified.
5. If you are successful during your interview, we will send you a Welcome Packet to complete. This packet is comprised of questions regarding information that you will learn from several provided videos.
6. Upon successful completion of the Welcome Packet, you will be required to go to the University Medical Center of Princeton for a medical clearance evaluation and Urine Drug Screen (at PFARS’s expense). You will also be required to go to the Princeton Police Department for a background and motor vehicle history check.
7. Finally, when all of the above steps are completed, you will attend an orientation at PFARS and then be cleared to ride as a new member of PFARS!
Requirements for Regular Membership (these are minimum requirements that are often exceeded!):
Please use this form to send a general inquiry:
Please sign up to join our email list: